This position is a 1 year commitment. Cost of 1 round trip flight will be covered plus a housing and food stipend.
Application Due Date: December 1st, 2018
Start Date: Mid January, 2019 (end date will be mid-December, 2019).
QUALITY CONTROL (80%)
- Check products to ensure they meet requirements (you will be trained)
- Communicate any necessary changes to group leaders, tailors and/or knitters/crocheters
- Participate in production meetings
- Ensure weekly turn in of products and fill out production reporting documents
PRODUCTION OPERATIONS (20%): Assist production staff (as needed) in a variety of production related tasks:
- Inventory tracking (both materials and finished product)
- Post production/shipment processes
- Materials consumption
- Assist in process of sampling new products (per designs from HQ)
- Track timing and materials consumption for costing purposes
- Communicate and implement revisions/approval for production
- At least 18 years of age
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to problem solve
- Interest in production management/logistics
- Experience abroad
The ideal candidate will have experience living, working or volunteering abroad and have some knowledge on the history and current events of Northern Uganda. They will have knowledge about Krochet Kids intl. as an organization and be passionate about our mission and vision. The candidate should have an interest in our products, production management and/or logistics.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume and your responses to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1st, 2018.
*Please use the subject line “Production Assistant Application” for your email.
Include answers to these questions (max 1 paragraph per question).
- What past experiences make you qualified for this position?
- Give an example of a person or event that has had a significant impact on your life.
- Why do you want to be involved with Krochet Kids intl.?
- What are three of your life goals?